The Concord Coach Gallery

The New London and Potter Place

This coach now owned by Colby-Sawyer College was ordered by Lewen C. Currier of Hopkinton, New Hampshire on March 12, 1874. Mr. Currier ran the coach for a few years between Hopkinton and Concord. A later owner of this coach became interested in the way the westerners hitched three horses abreast instead of the usual two lead and two wheelers, and had his driver, Charles F. Shepard, try this arrangement. Soon other coachmen in the east tried and accepted this method.

All photographs in this gallery are copyrighted, and protected by the copyright laws of the United States. If this photo or associated information is used anywhere other than the author's original system, the author must be notified in writing and the copyright notice must remain intact. Photographs are further copyrighted by Charles Bourbeau.

Send comments, suggestions or inquiries: Overland Trail

[Overland Trail Home Page | Back to the Gallery |

Created and maintained by Elizabeth Larson
Copyright © 1998, 1999, 2000